NATALIA KARPOVICH ON WOMEN PROMOTING THE HISTORY OF RUSSIA'S CULTURE
Natalia Karpovich is the chairperson of the Association of Multi-Child Families of Moscow, the director of the state-financed institution Women’s Business Centre.
At the meeting of women entrepreneurs of Moscow, the journalists of the EWC news agency interviewed Natalia Karpovich. She told our journalists how women can start their businesses, why multi-child families are good and what power family entrepreneurship has.
– Today, women on maternity leave want to contribute to society and dream of organizing their own business. How does your Centre support the entrepreneurial spirit of women?
– Women of any age can create an excellent business. There are several categories of women according to their age. Young mothers are the first one. They are indecisive and withdrawn. That is why we must support them. Mothers dealing with a number of domestic problems are often afraid of starting their own business. They live in their own heads and concentrate on taking care of their children. Women's Business Centre enables mothers who are on maternity leave receive training and additional education and realize themselves. If there are difficulties with the choice of the future profession, one can take part in vocational guidance testing and listen to recommendations of psychologists on writing a resume. Professional lawyers provide women who decide to start their own business with individual and group consultations.
Women are the backbone of the future well-being of the country. Their potential is huge. Therefore, it is important for us to inform women that business can become a matter of all their lives, improve the welfare of their families and the whole country.
– How else do you help women choosing their direction of work, except for psychological tests and trainings?
– Our Centre organizes excursions, gives an opportunity to get acquainted with the profession and to try yourself in business. It often happens that women like some activity but they are not sure whether they will be able to devote the entire day to this work. Thus, we visit potential employers and try a profession.
– Are women supposed to pay for this?
– No, it is completely free for women of any age. Our main task is to help women find their way, to show that they are not only mothers, wives and homemakers, but also persons. They should have the right to self-realization. As practice shows, this way leads to harmony. It improves the quality of life of children, the family and the whole country.
– Do you develop only women's projects? What about family projects?
– We hold events where women can come with your husband and children. If a woman wants to develop, then her close people should see her potential and help her. Now our Centre has about 100 families engaged in business. In the Association of Multi-Child Families of Moscow, almost 32,000 families raise three or more children. Together they implement remarkable business projects and actively participate in the life of the organization.
If we recall the history of Russia, we will see that our country was the most successful in terms of family continuity. Palaces, estates, and chambers of commerce are the results of the activity of certain dynasties. Starting their own businesses, the entrepreneurs were sure that the family business would develop and prosper thanks to their descendants. Unfortunately, we don’t have this trend nowadays.
If the continuity of the family business revives, then such entrepreneurship will become the backbone of our country.
– What projects of women’s business and family business do you admire most of all?
– I admire all the projects. I am pleased to know about mothers with many children, having their businesses. Women are also the keepers of Russian folk crafts, for example, beading, wood groove art and stone carving. Thanks to them, those crafts are not forgotten, they keep on developing. Now Russian women create remarkable masterpieces in those fields and thus preserve and promote the unique cultural and historical image of Russia.
Agata Korovina, news agency of the Eurasian Women’s Community
Translated by Nikolay Gavrilov
ВСЕ НОВОСТИ ЭТОЙ РУБРИКИ
"Eurasian women's community"web portal works as an information agency voicing Eurasian Women’s Forum.
Our news feed comprises the most topical messages of our participant’s blogs selected by the press centre.
The most important news will be translated into English to inform the world community of the activities of Russian women’s organisations.
+7 985 613 47 05
Live text of news:
(8th of December 2016 Moscow)
Roundtable conference on the topic of International Cooperation of State Authorities and Public Organizations in the Sphere of Healthcare of Women and Children
(25th of November 2016 Moscow)
International forum «Women’s Dialogue. Infinity Charity.»
(17th and 18th of November 2016 Ufa)